[GNC] Reconciling credit card

Fred Bone Fred at mandfb.me.uk
Mon Dec 12 06:45:36 EST 2022

On 12 December 2022 at 11:09, Mahon Finbar said:

> OK, I had forgotten you cannot attach images as pics.
>
> I did check the a/c and afaics, I didn't pay the CC 1000 extra, I'll
> check again or adjust the preferences, or something.

It's not your preferences (unless you want to switch to formal accounting
labels, which won't change anything relevant).

Your credit-card account is showing a substantial negative balance. That
is, you (appear to) have made a substantial overpayment to the provider.
Any time you make a purchase you reduce this overpayment, and any time
you make a payment you increase it (make it more negative).

If in fact you are not owed a lot by the provider, you need to find the
entry/ies where you misinformed Gnucash. Quite likely the original
balance.