[GNC] Reconciling PayPal

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 04:43:08 EST 2022

On Tue, 13 Dec 2022 at 09:16, Geoff <cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dave
>
> 1. From the Pay Pal main menu, choose "Activity"
> 2. Click on the icon that looks like a "download" on the right of the
> "Search" bar
> 3. Choose "Custom"
> 4. Enter a date range
> 5. Click "Create Report"
> 6. Go and make a cup of tea
> 7. Refresh the page and download the generated CSV file
> 8. Tear out whatever remaining hair you have trying to make sense of
> these 10 columns in the file:
>
> Date, Time, Time zone, Name, Type, Status, Currency, Amount, Receipt ID,
> Balance
>
> Good luck!
>
> Regards
>
> Geoff
> =====

Thank you. I had not noticed it before. It is the 34th column for me, (AH
in LibraOffice). I had ignored stuff that far over,

I have the following columns

Date
Time
Time Zone
Name
Type
Status
Currency
Gross
Fee
Net
>From email address
To email address
Transaction ID
Counterparty status
Shipping address
Address status
Item title
Item ID
Postage and packaging amount
Insurance amount
VAT
Option 1 Name
Option 1 Value
Option 2 Name
Option 2 Value
Auction Site
Buyer ID
Item URL
Closing date
Reference Tax ID
Invoice number
Receipt ID
*Balance*
Address Line 1
… and so on, with 53 columns in total

I would have expected the Balance to be shown after Gross, Fee, Nett, and
not miles away from the other numerical data actually associated with the
transactions.

Dave
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom