[GNC] QIF Import troubles

Fross, Michael michael at fross.org
Tue Dec 13 20:15:52 EST 2022

Hi Steve,

I was in the same situation when I first started about 7 years ago.  Read
through the guide.  It's really well written, easy to read, and answers a
lot of questions.

As for the imports, do some tests until you get comfortable.  I would just
export your checking account, then import that.  Figure out that
categories are now other accounts and instead of assigning a transaction to
a category for reporting, you debit one account and credit another.
Understand splits and you'll be set.  It's also a great time to really
think through your account strategy.

It's really not hard, but read through the guide and you'll get it.

Michael