[GNC] Reports and documentstion are blank on Linux

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 16:00:29 EST 2022

I have a Dell 7920 tower workstation with 2 x 26-core CPUs and 384 GB RAM.
Ubuntu 20.04 and GnuCash 4.12 are installed.

I used the 'flatpack' installation method,
https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2020/07/install-gnucash-4-0-ubuntu-20-04-18-04/
which gets the latest version, rather than the older official Ubuntu
version.

The problem is, many of the windows that I know display things on Windows
laptop with GnuCash, are just blank on Linux. Neither the Help -> Tutorial
and Concepts Guide or Help -> Contents show anything whatsoever - see
attachment. Customer reports give a similar screen.