[GNC] Reports and documentstion are blank on Linux

David Cousens davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 17:26:16 EST 2022

Daved

The documentation has to be downloaded and installed separately on Linux. It is
not packaged with the program in most cases. https://www.gnucash.org/docs.phtml.
I think running nin

Even when installed yelp does not seem to find the location from within the
GnuCash program. It appears to be looking for a HTML index file and not the xml
format that yelp uses by default. In a normal install of the documnetation it is
installed to "/usr/local/share/gnome/help/gnucash-guide" and
"/usr/local/share/gnome/help/gnucash-help". If I start yelp in a terminal and
point it to these location the guide and help manual open in yelp, but not when
yelp is opened from within GnuCash itself (GnuCash 4.12 on Linux Mint 22). It is
likely that an environment variable has not been correctly setup .

I avoid this totally by accessing the online html versions of the help manual
and the guide from https://lists.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-help/help.html and
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-guide/index.html in a browser when I
need to.

David Cousens