[GNC] Reports and documentstion are blank on Linux

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 18:51:38 EST 2022

Yes I've just been checking out the same thing on Ubuntu 22.04 and my docs
are all there and looking similar to the online docs - they seem to be
formatted slightly differently, like there's no "About This Document
<https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-help/titlepage.html>" in my
local version so difficult to tell what version I have - see attachments,
but seem to be working ok. I have built Gnucash manually previously on this
pc so I'm not sure where the docs came from :-)

I have a vague recollection I may have also had to update WebKitGtk for the
docs to work but don't hold me to it :-)

Refer also to the Gnucash instructions for installing the Flatpak version
at https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Flatpak.

The release announcement (
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-announce/2022-September/000371.html
) states that docs aren't released with linux, not sure if that includes
Flatpak versions...

See below relevant snippets...

To compile GnuCash from the source code by yourself, you will need at
least *Gtk+
3.24*, Guile 2.0, Boost 1.54, *WebKitGtk 2.4*, GoogleTest 1.7.0, cmake 3.10
and SWIG 2.0.12. Please consult the README.dependencies file in the sources
for the exact list of dependencies and versions.

GnuCash is also available as a flatpak from Flathub.org. Instructions
for installing and running may be found at
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Flatpak.

If you want to compile the GnuCash Documentation 4.12 for yourself, the
source code can be downloaded from:

https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/releases/download/4.12/gnucash-docs-4.12.tar.gzhttps://downloads.sourceforge.net/gnucash/gnucash%20%28stable%29/4.12/gnucash-docs-4.12.tar.gz

The documentation is included in the MacOS and Windows application bundles.

Hope this helps,

Regards David H.