[GNC] Reports and documentstion are blank on Linux

David Cousens davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 22:16:37 EST 2022

David,
I have the docs for 4.11  (i just haven't yet downloaded the 4.12 documentation
release) built and installed and I'm currently running 4.12 of the program. When
I request Help or the Guide from the Help Menu in GnuCash , yelp comes up with
the following message "Document not found: The URI ‘help:gnucash-help/index’
does not point to a valid page.".

I will download the 4.12 docs and rebuild them to see if that fixes the problem,
which it did.
 The 4.12 installs to "/usr/local/share/help/C/gnucash-guide" and
"/usr/local/share/help/C/gnucash-help" not to the usr/local/share gnome/help "
directory and then yelp successfully finds the uris.

To build the docs I down loaded
from https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/releases/download/4.12/gnucash-docs-4.12.tar.gz
 and extracted the "gnucash-docs-4.12" from the tar.gz file to a directory under
my home directory then opened a terminal in that gnucash-docs-4.12 directory
then used the following commands
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -GNinja -DWITH_MOBI=On ../
ninja
sudo ninja install
After that all is working as expected

AFAIK you can now only configure the build with cmake (and not make) after V 4.7
of the docs.
Both ninja-build and cmake have to be installed to build the docs ("sudo apt
install cmake" then "sudo apt install ninja-build" at the terminal prompton
Linux Mint)

David Cousens