[GNC] Seeking report

R Losey rlosey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 20:17:17 EST 2022

I find the reports the hardest part of GnuCash to understand, so I'm
seeking help here... I'm willing to read good, clear documentation, but
someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

What I'm looking for is a report on a single account with the debits and
credits totalled separately for a time period (like the present year).

As a concrete example, suppose I have a savings account that gets a weekly
credit to pay for auto repair... throughout the year, I debit this account
as various car expenses occur... at the end of the year, I'd like to see
how much I've put in and how much I've spent.

The "Transaction" report is nearly right, except that it doesn't sum the
debits & credits... it just provides the net debit or credit, depending
which is greater.

--
Richard Losey
rlosey at gmail.com