[GNC] Splitting a Transaction (Newbie Question)

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 17:55:07 EST 2022

Pete,

You're on the right track.  If the transaction disappears after you press
return to commit it, it sounds like you are not entering this transaction
from any of the registers involved, or if you are in one of the registers
involved the date you entered is out of the range of dates displayed for
the register.  Do you have any filtering or sorting turned on ?  Also
Gnucash remembers the last txn/txns you entered and when you start to enter
another txn it will helpfully pre-fill the details for you which sounds
like what is happening when you attempt to add a further txn?  You can
always run a txn report to display all the txns in the bank account
register.  Also check out the view options - Basic / Txn Journal / Double
line.   Also check out the Concept Guide and Help in  the Gnucash itself
under the Help menu option
- file:///Applications/GnuCash/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/GnuCash%20Guide/cbook-together1.html#cbook-puttoget-transactions

Cheers David H.