[GNC] Is there a way to find date & time a transaction was entered?

David Cousens davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 22:48:19 EST 2022

You can generally edit an incorrect transaction and just change the details
which are incorrect including the account in whose register it appears if that
happened to be incorrect

There is no problem with deleting a transaction in GnuCash. The formal
accounting method is basically a hangover when rubbing an entry out in a pen and
paper book created a fairly ugly mess (and made it exceedingly obvious that the
books had been altered) and left no trail as to why the changes were made.

This is easy for non business feature transaction. Just select the transaction
in the register then select Transaction->Delete from the menu.

Where transactions are created using the business features it is a little more
complicated. Payments to invoices are linked to the invoice so you would need to
delete the payment transactions first,and unpost the invoice and then delete the
information content (customer,details and amount etc). An invoice or bill cannot
be deleted from the system, once created it will always exist,  but an existing
uposted invoice from which the information has been deleted can be reused by
refilling in the new information and then reposting it.

David Cousens