[GNC] Splitting a Transaction (SOLVED)

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 19 12:52:38 EST 2022

Sorry, Maf -- I mistakenly clicked "Reply" instead of "Reply List".

On 2022-12-19 03:32, Maf. King wrote:

> Or just start typing the account name.
>
> older vesrsions of GC would need you to type something like Ex:P:Do
<enter>
> (for Expenses:Pets:DogFood)
>
> more recent versions will cope with something like typing "Dog" at
least as
> many letters as are needed to identify the account.

I'm running 2.6.19, which certainly qualifies as an older version. 😄

But I have the behavior you describe for recent versions: I just type
Do, not Ex:P:Do.  I suspect it's because, in Preferences » Register
Defaults, I have ticked the box "Only display leaf account names".

I know there's a fair number of us who haven't upgraded, for one reason
or another, so I mention this in case it could save time for others.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com