[GNC] Splitting a Transaction (Newbie Question)

R Losey rlosey at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 18:27:07 EST 2022

When you say "bank card", are you talking about something like a debit
card, or a credit card?

Also, was this at one shop where you spent 7.24?

If it is a debit card (money comes directly from the bank account, in
contrast to a credit card, where charges accumulate, and you pay them off
monthly), I'd go to the bank account and enter the transaction:

date, name of shop, skip the category, enter the total as a credit, then
click "split" and enter milk in the first description, and then Groceries
for the account and 1.99 for the debit amount; on the next row (which
appears when I move the cursor off of that row), I enter whatever
description you want for the book, and the account for the book expense and
the 5.25 as the debit amount. When I press enter, I have a "split" entry in
the bank account.

As someone else said, I only see things vanish if I enter them using a
different account from where I spent the money.