[GNC] Is it safe to use Greek, Chinese etc characters

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Mon Dec 19 20:47:31 EST 2022

Due to the nature of my work, quite often when copying descriptions from
invoices I will have the Greek omega letter.  If a description of a part
has “50 x” where x is the omega letter, I have tended to change it to “50
ohm” on the assumption that the odd characters could cause problem(s).

I am using the business features, so if I buy something off a Chinese
seller on eBay, it’s tempting to just copy and paste the text, despite it
is meaningless to me.

Dave

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom