[GNC] Improvement suggestion

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Thu Dec 22 19:58:44 EST 2022

On Fri, 23 Dec 2022 at 00:34, Daryl Hillgrove <daryl.hillgrove at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Can a simple backup function be added to gnucash?
>
> I am very concerned that if my computer fails I will lose all my data. I
> want to store the backup data to external storage such as a memory stick.
>
> Thanks
>
> Daryl Hillgrove

All your data is stored in a single file with the extension.gnucash. You
just need to back that one file, which you might call accounts.gnucash.

It would be more complicated if you used an external database, but I assume
that you are not, because that’s not the default behaviour, and it would
require the installation of other software.

So no backup tool is needed. In fact, the program makes regular backups in
the same directory.
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom