[GNC] Backups

David Cousens davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 17:09:57 EST 2022

Elmar,

The storage locations are defined in the following wiki
page https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations#:~:text=The%20usual%20locations%20per%20OS,to%20as%20%24HOME%20or%20~%2F
for all 3 OS types.

It just requires copying the files in these locations to a USB or other
location. On a Linux system the following will do it

cp $HOME/,local/share/gnucash DESTINATION/gnucash-use-config
cp $HOME/.local/share/gtk-3.0 DESTINATION/gnucash-gtk-config
cp $HOME/.config/gnucash  DESTINATION/gnucash_config
cp $HOME/path-to-data-file DESTINATION

restoring it would simply be the same with the order of the locations reversed.

David Cousens