[GNC] Settings not respected

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Sat Dec 24 14:06:21 EST 2022

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

On 24/12/2022 17:57, Michael or Penny Novack wrote:
> The "what happened" is obvious, no longer accessing the files where this
> information is stored (note recent discussions about where these are
> with regard to back-up). You are back to the defaults.

I had guessed that, but it doesn't matter what I then change, I still
get the defaults. So some part of the settings system is broken.

> The "what caused it" not so obvious, and on that depends whether you can
> recover or will have to recreate.

I've got back-ups (I hope).

> You are NOT telling us what happened in between the last use of gnucash
> (when it was working) and this event of a couple days ago. WHAT did you
> change on your computer?

I'm on Debian testing, so although gnucash itself wasn't upgraded,
plenty of others have been in the last couple of days.

Python 3.9->3.10 was the only one I could see that was directly used by
gnucash.

I had also installed the -dev packages for gtk4, but gnucash uses gtk3,
doesn't it?

Regards

Jeff