[GNC] Settings not respected

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sat Dec 24 11:57:18 EST 2022

On 12/24/2022 7:00 AM, Jeff wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a >10 year (daily) gnucash user, in the last few years on Debian
> testing. I've not had to change the preferences in years.
>
> A couple of days ago, gnucash stopped respecting all settings:
> * the previous set of accounts was not automatically loaded
> * the previous set of accounts was not available via "recent".
> * having loaded the previous set of accounts, the default light/dark
> green account theme was not used
> * despite ISO date format being set in Edit/Preferences, the US format
> was used.
>
> How can I debug what caused this?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff

The "what happened" is obvious, no longer accessing the files where this
information is stored (note recent discussions about where these are
with regard to back-up). You are back to the defaults.

The "what caused it" not so obvious, and on that depends whether you can
recover or will have to recreate.

You are NOT telling us what happened in between the last use of gnucash
(when it was working) and this event of a couple days ago. WHAT did you
change on your computer?

Michael D Novack