[GNC] Settings not respected

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Tue Dec 27 02:33:37 EST 2022

On 26/12/2022 18:21, john wrote:
> You can make sure that you have a dbus-daemon running with `ps -A | grep
> dbus-daemon`. But the Gsettings docs claim that dbus-daemon doen't need
> to be running for reads, only for writes.

Yup. It's running.

> org.gnucash.general is obsolete. We changed the preferences domain from
> org.gnucash to org.gnucash.GnuCash in 4.8 to accommodate flatpak, which
> insists on the three-level domain name. If you're using the Debian
> Testing installed GnuCash you should have GnuCash 4.12.

Yup. I have 4.12.

gsettings list-recursively org.gnucash.GnuCash.general

also has

date-format 1

Assuming that is UK, I haven't used it in years.

> Dconf data isn't stored in either of those, it's in
> $XDG_CONFIG_DIR/dconf. See
> https://www.systutorials.com/docs/linux/man/7-dconf/
> <https://www.systutorials.com/docs/linux/man/7-dconf/> for the gory
> details about how the system works.

XDG_CONFIG_DIR isn't set, but seems to default to ~/.config. The dconf
files there are binary. But installing dconf-editor produces the same
result as above for org.gnucash.GnuCash.general.

Regards

Jeff