[GNC] Feature request - prevent a transaction with todays date

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 12:17:53 EST 2022

On Tue, 27 Dec 2022, 8:44 pm Stan Brown, <the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> A related feature I _would_ like to see is the ability to specify a date
> range within which no new transactions could be entered. I would use
> that to prevent myself from unintentionally changing transactions from
> prior years. The existing mechanism, where the only form of date range
> is N days before today, doesn't seem very helpful to me, since I have to
> change the value of N every day.

Among this discussion, this is one feature request that looks interesting:
if the user inputs a transaction dated *before* the last reconciliation
date, there could/should be a warning that the user should reconsider the
date, because the new transaction would likely affect the previous
reconciliations. Any thoughts from long term users?