[GNC] Feature request - prevent a transaction with todays date

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Dec 27 19:10:28 EST 2022

On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 at 08:00, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dr. Kirkby,
>
> While I understand the requirements for not editing existing transactions,
> I'll note that in your initial post, you mentioned going back to a backup
> and re-entering the transaction. Not to put too much of an emphasis here,
> but how does editing the date differ from opening a backup and re-entering
> the transaction?
>
> David T.

One thing I discovered tonight is that if I enter the wrong date, then
charge it on one side of the transaction (from account) then it doesn’t get
changed on the other side (to account). This was a simple transaction - ie
two splits.

 I am going to have to double check for any of these sorts of transaction,
where the date one said may be different to the other.

Dave.

On Dec 27, 2022, at 3:07 AM, "Dr. David Kirkby" <
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Dec 2022 at 19:22, William Prescott <will at theprescotts.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Your post puzzles me.
>>>
>>>  I am trying to enter some transactions from March. Every now and again I
>>>>
>>>  have

>>>  Why? Can't you just edit the date on the transaction and change it.
>>>

>> I thought one wasn’t supposed to do that - at least in formula accounting.
>>

>>>  It would be nice when entering historical
>>>>

>>>  I must be missing something. Not being able to use today's day would make
>>>  it impossible to enter transactions on the day they occurred. Are you
>>>  asking for some switch that could be set before entering historical
>>>  transactions? It seems like a cumbersome solution to a non-problem.
>>>

>> Yes, a switch for entering historical transactions.
>>

>>>  Will
>>>

>> Dave
>>
>> --
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom