[GNC] Feature request - prevent a transaction with todays date

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Dec 27 21:01:25 EST 2022

On 12/27/22 6:43 PM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> I am still getting used to this software.  I don’t find it the most
> intuitive piece of software, but it will be beneficial to me. The other
> gripes that I have, are not ones that the developers want to fix
>
> 1) Can not generate a quote

I recall this being considered for version 5.0 due out next Spring, but
I haven't checked the status on the feature lately. Meanwhile, create
invoices for printing/e-mailing, but do not post them. Edit them either
within GnuCash or some other editor to indicate they are 'Quotes'. (a
quote is not a transaction and should never be posted to your books)

> 2) Can not generate a proforma invoice

A bit trickier to implement, though it might be part of the above
change. As I noted, I haven't looked at the progress in some time. Maybe
check Bugzilla to find it and chime in on making it part of the feature,
or file a separate bug for it. (might already be filed too, I'm not certain)

> 3) No direct support for cryptocurrencies

That isn't likely to happen for some time for special reasons. GnuCash
sticks with 'official' currencies. If any crypto are added to that list
by the governing bodies, they should auto-appear available in GnuCash.
In the meantime, there are of course work-arounds.

Regards,
Adrien