[GNC] Feature request - prevent a transaction with todays date

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Dec 28 16:19:03 EST 2022

On 12/28/22 1:50 AM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
>>> 1) Can not generate a quote
>>
>> I recall this being considered for version 5.0 due out next Spring, but
>> I haven't checked the status on the feature lately. Meanwhile, create
>> invoices for printing/e-mailing, but do not post them. Edit them either
>> within GnuCash or some other editor to indicate they are 'Quotes'. (a
>> quote is not a transaction and should never be posted to your books)
>

> I believe that the next invoice then has a number one higher than it would
> otherwise have. That would break the requirements here that invoices are
> consequently numbered.

There is no universal requirement that this be so. But I understand how
it is good practice. (I have used it for auditing purposes myself)

The work-around for that work-around (that is, until this is implemented
officially) is to simply edit the Invoice Number to the next number it
needs to be before posting. This may or may not involve turning off
auto-numbering, then incrementing the auto-numbering starting point and
turning it back on.

Regards,
Adrien