[GNC] Feature request - prevent a transaction with todays date

david whiting dw at davidwhiting.me.uk
Thu Dec 29 05:06:16 EST 2022

You *can* create a proforma invoice or quote and turn that into an invoice.
Just create an invoice, but instead of giving it a number, use the word
PROFORMA or QUOTE, and don't post it. Then use the invoice printing
facility to print it (to find the proforma or quote, you can search, e.g.
by customer name). Then when the proforma needs to become a real invoice,
you can find the invoice (Business -> Customer -> Find Invoice, and search
by customer name) and then select Edit Invoice to change the invoice ID
from PROFORMA to whatever invoice ID you want. If you want to know what the
next number should be, you can open up Accounts Receivable and use View ->
Sort to sort by Number (and reverse order, if you wish) to make sure that
the previous invoice with the highest number is at the bottom (or top, if
reversed).

David

On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 at 22:08, Dr. David Kirkby <
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 at 21:26, Adrien Monteleone <
> adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:
>
> > Consider as well, another software package entirely to handle quotes,
> > proformas, invoices, AR even.
> >
> > Then export the resulting accounting data to GnuCash to complete your
> > books.
> >
> > (the same goes for investment tracking)
> >

> I use a word processor - LibraOffice.  But it would be nice to generate a
> quote or proforma invoice and turn that into an invoice. Like you can with
>
> Quckbooks
>
> https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-za/help-article/job-estimates/create-send-estimates-quotes-quickbooks-online/L0kOXRjoP_ZA_en_ZA
>
> Sage
>
> https://help.accounting.sage.com/en-us/accounting/invoicing/extra-sales-quotes.html