[GNC] Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC)

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Thu Dec 29 11:15:57 EST 2022

On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 at 07:15, LI Daobing <lidaobing at gmail.com> wrote:

> CBDCs also can constrain the usage of money. like some money can only be
> used to pay rent, and some other money can only be used to buy food.

All the more reason that I don’t like them.

However, that gives a greater need to be able to consider them as separate
assets, so I feel GnuCash should allow people to add other currencies, and
not restrict currencies to those defined in an ISO standard.

Dave

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom