[GNC] Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC)

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Dec 29 12:03:05 EST 2022

Such restrictions would have no bearing as to if they should be separate
or not. It has nothing to do with GnuCash or even accounting.

If the respective governments simply treat them as equivalent to paper,
coins, or other current digital blips, then they likely will not get
separate currency codes.

Since separate currency codes would be quite messy for the ISO group
responsible, and thus for implementing CBDCs at all, I highly doubt they
will be treated separately by authorities.

However, none of that is of concern to GnuCash. Your question depends on
what various governments end up doing in the future. Until they
implement, there is little point in speculating, and zero point in
altering code, or even thinking about it as there is no 'target'.

Regards,
Adrien