[GNC] Date format for QIF file

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Dec 29 15:43:10 EST 2022

The supported formats are, IIRC:
y-m-d
y-d-m
d-m-y
m-d-y

Every time you start an import it will begin with the full list and use
the dates in the file to rule out from the list; if there remains more
than one once all the file is loaded, then it asks you.  If the set is
empty once the file is loaded, then it raises an error.

-derek

On Thu, December 29, 2022 3:30 pm, Peter West wrote:
> I did. My question remains. What are the formats? For example, is
> YYYY/MM/DD supported? What, exactly, does NN/NN/(NN)NN mean? In my corner
> of the world, NN/NN/(NN)NN is taken to mean DD/MM/(YY)YY. In the US, it
> means MM/DD/(YY)YY, apparently. It is surprising to me that an unambiguous
> QIF date spec like dd monthname year is not supported.
>> Peter West
> pbw at pbw.id.au
> And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news
> of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this
> day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord. And this will
> be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and
> lying in a manger.”
>
>> On 30 Dec 2022, at 6:18 am, Dan Black <dblack2001 at outlook.com> wrote:
>>
>> If you read Derek's reply again, he stated that you must use numbers
>> only; month names are not acceptable.
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> On December 29, 2022 3:14:02 PM Peter West <pbw at pbw.id.au> wrote:
>>
>>> What date formats ARE supported by the GNC QIF import process? 29
>>> December 2022 is unambiguous, but apparently unsupported by GNC.
>>>
>>> Happy 6th day of Christmas!

>>> pbw at pbw.id.au
>>> And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good
>>> news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born
>>> this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord. And
>>> this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling
>>> cloths and lying in a manger.”

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745