[GNC] Deleting Transaction from Reconcile Deletes Wrong Transaction

Thomas Forrester tlforrester at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 16:36:14 EST 2022

I was reconciling several credit card statements for the same card and had
noticed that a subscription payment I had set up as an automatic entry was
showing up even though I had canceled the subscription.  Clearly, I hadn't
discontinued the automatic transaction entry in GnuCash.  I ignored several
of the subscription transactions while reconciling, but then I thought I
might as well just delete them in the Reconcile screen since you can
right-click and delete transactions right there.  With the first ot 3 of
the transactions highlighted, I right-clicked on it and selected delete.  I
clicked OK to the confirmation message affirming I was sure I wanted to
delete the transaction. I rather mindlessly repeated that action a couple
of times, then realized the transactions weren't deleting.  Much to my
horror, I realized transactions on the left (debit) column for the
reconciliation was getting shorter, not the right (credit) column where the
highlighted item I was trying to delete was.

Again, I'm going to stress this: I was right-clicking on a transaction in
the right (credit) column.  It was already highlighted, and there was no
other transaction highlighted.  The right-click context menu appeared
alongside the mouse pointer which was positioned on the highlighted credit
transaction.  From that menu I selected and confirmed the delete of the
highlighted credit transaction.  A debit transaction was deleted instead.

Obviously, this is not correct behavior.

This is GnuCash 4.11 Build ID: 4.11+(2022-06-25) using a MariaDB backend.

Thank you,
Tom
Thomas L. Forrester
Middleton, WI USA