[GNC] Bank account reconciled, will this change screw things up?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Dec 30 16:40:31 EST 2022

Since this is an invoice, you can't just edit from a register.

1. Unpost
2. Edit
3. Repost

4. Then check that the payment is still applied. (it should be and
GnuCash tries to keep things tidy for you, but check just in case)

*you do not need to delete the payment or pay the invoice again.

If GnuCash did not magically re-link the payment to the invoice, simply
right-click the payment in a register and choose Edit Payment to do so.

Then re-reconcile, check off that item and Finalize.

As David noted, there is no limit or rule on how many times you can
reconcile a single period in an account. For sanity though, I would
always use the same closing date and balance when re-reconciling as the
previous attempt. (There is a Reconciliation report that shows reconcile
dates for transactions. You'd want those to match 3 years from now when
you happen to investigate something and can't remember what you did in 2022)

Regards,
Adrien