[GNC] Bank account reconciled, will this change screw things up?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 17:29:00 EST 2022

On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 at 21:40, Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> Since this is an invoice, you can't just edit from a register.
>
> 1. Unpost
> 2. Edit
> 3. Repost
>
> 4. Then check that the payment is still applied. (it should be and
> GnuCash tries to keep things tidy for you, but check just in case)
>
> *you do not need to delete the payment or pay the invoice again.
>
> If GnuCash did not magically re-link the payment to the invoice, simply
> right-click the payment in a register and choose Edit Payment to do so.

It's actually a bill, not an invoice, but I think they are pretty similar.
When I unpost and edit, then look at the register, everything looks okay.

CR: Accounts Payable
DR: Postage and Delivery

However, it shows as unpaid. But when I right-click in a register window, I
don't see any way to change the status to paid. If I do pay it again, then
Accounts  Payable takes on a negative number. See screenshots.