[GNC] Bank account reconciled, will this change screw things up?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Dec 30 17:55:25 EST 2022

On 12/30/22 4:29 PM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> It's actually a bill, not an invoice, but I think they are pretty similar.
> When I unpost and edit, then look at the register, everything looks okay.
Yes, similar code too. Just different terms based on perspective of
Vendor vs. Customer.

> CR: Accounts Payable
> DR: Postage and Delivery
>
> However, it shows as unpaid. But when I right-click in a register window, I
> don't see any way to change the status to paid. If I do pay it again, then
> Accounts  Payable takes on a negative number. See screenshots.

Once you post, and then re-view the bill, it should show as paid.

To check otherwise, Run a Vendor report with full Detail links to see if
the payment is indeed applied.

If not, right-click the original payment in the source register (not AP,
just to be safe) and choose Edit Payment. If you don't see 'Edit
Payment' but instead see 'Assign as payment' choose that one.

In the Edit case, select the payment and the invoice you want to apply
it to, verify amount, date, account, notes, et cetera, then commit.

In the Apply as case, treat it like a new payment. (you won't see the
unattached 'pre-payment' at all)

Be sure to remove the errant 'extra' payment you made previously and
your AP account will be back to normal.

You can also do a 'Find Bill' and limit to either Paid/Unpaid to verify
if GnuCash thinks it is paid.

View the invoice again, it should show PAID.

If after all of that, and it appears paid by other means, you found a bug.

Regards,
Adrien