[GNC] Bank account reconciled, will this change screw things up?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 18:47:13 EST 2022

On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 at 22:55, Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> Once you post, and then re-view the bill, it should show as paid.

It doesn’t.  I am using version 4.12. Tonight I was using Windows, but I
think I noticed the same behaviour before under Linux.

> To check otherwise, Run a Vendor report with full Detail links to see if
> the payment is indeed applied.

It reports an unpaid bill.

> If not, right-click the original payment in the source register (not AP,
> just to be safe) and choose Edit Payment. If you don't see 'Edit
> Payment' but instead see 'Assign as payment' choose that one.

I had actually gone to bed, but chose to get up and try what you said
😂😂😂 When I went to the bank account register, I did see edit payment.
Selecting it and clicking OK seems to have done the trick. I have not
checked things carefully, since it’s late here, but my initial thoughts are
it looks okay. It is now showing as PAID, and both Accounts Payable and
Accounts Receivable are showing balances of zero. The courier cost is now
in postage, and I assume has gone from payroll.

> In the Edit case, select the payment and the invoice you want to apply
> it to, verify amount, date, account, notes, et cetera, then commit.
>
> In the Apply as case, treat it like a new payment. (you won't see the
> unattached 'pre-payment' at all)
>
> Be sure to remove the errant 'extra' payment you made previously and
> your AP account will be back to normal.

I has already started from a backup, so the extra payment was not there .

> You can also do a 'Find Bill' and limit to either Paid/Unpaid to verify
> if GnuCash thinks it is paid.
>
> View the invoice again, it should show PAID.
>
> If after all of that, and it appears paid by other means, you found a bug.

Although I have not checked carefully, my initial thoughts are that your
instructions sorted it out. The Edir Payment was shown in the bank
register. Nothing looks out of place.

It seems that the majority of people on the list  don’t use the business
features, which tend to make things more complicated. So some well-meaning
suggestions do not work.

But I do like to bring up a list of vendors, and see a link to each
invoice. I can see exactly how much I have paid them.

> Regards,
> Adrien

Thank you. I think that you solved my problem.

Dave.

> --
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom