[GNC] Matching error in OFX import

Jean L ripngo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 21:08:07 EST 2022

Don't forget to reply to the list.

Bear in mind: if you import an OFX file, match its transactions to some
of your register transactions, the matched transactions will be silently
ignored when you re-import the same OFX. That's by design. So if you
match everything then re-import the same OFX, you'll have nothing to match.

GC uses the FITID to verify that an OFX transaction was already imported
and matched (it compares the FITID value of the transaction in the
register to that in the OFX file). When GC imports an OFX transaction,
it copies the OFX FITID to the register transaction.

But yes, update to a recent version as there were bugs in this mechanism
that were recently fixed.