[GNC] Matching error in OFX import

Jean L ripngo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 20:57:41 EST 2022

We might need a bit more info to give a useful answer. But just to be sure:
- The FITID of the transactions in the OFX file are all different,
right? That's an absolute requirement, not just within a single OFX
file, but from ofx to ofx, the FITID is supposed to identify one and
only 1 transaction. If you re-download the same transaction the FITID is
supposed to be the same as the first time you downloaded it. GC uses
this to know which transactions have already been matched when it looks
at an imported OFX file.

- Is the problem that you have similar transactions in your register
(that you've entered manually) with the same amount and close dates?
It's not impossible that GC is a bit confused because it finds 2 or more
transactions in your register than seem to match 1 or more transactions
in your OFX. In other words, GC does not have a way to figure out which
OFX transaction should be matched with which transaction in your
register if everything is very similar between them.
I must say I've never run into this issue, so I don't know for a fact
what GC does in that case.