[GNC] Matching error in OFX import

Simon Roberts simon at dancingcloudservices.com
Fri Dec 30 20:36:30 EST 2022

With the same caveat about my being new to this...

My transaction records show regular, very similar, transactions. The same
institution, identical amounts, usually close but not identical dates.

The importer's matcher is confused by these similar transactions. It marks
them in red and refuses to do anything with them directly. I can unmark
them, and then get them to import, but there are other fields (specifically
there is a field "<FITID>" in the OFX file that seems like it should
distinguish them, even if everything else is identical (I'm assuming FITID
is "Financial Transaction ID", but I could be wrong since that's just a
guess!)

In the interest of being clear, these "conflicting" transactions are in the
*same* OFX file, it's not trying to match against something already in
place.

Can I do anything to get this to behave more helpfully?

Cheers,
Simon

--
Simon Roberts