[GNC] How to handle multiple entries of multiply reconciled entries

Alan A Holmes gnucash at alanaholmes.me.uk
Thu Feb 3 11:07:53 EST 2022

Hi Jeff,

Did you take a copy of the database before you upgraded to version 4.9. If so you could take a copy of this backup and open that in version 4.9, which might tell you if the corruption existed before upgrading to version 4.9.

Do you have anyway of finding out which version you had before version 4.9? Was it another flatpack version, or was it the version as part of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS? That version might still be available on your machine, or you could re-install that version, which would allow you to look at any backup copy before upgrading to version 4.9 in that version to see if the corruption existed.

You could also look at any/all backup copy taken automatically by version 4.9 to see if the corruption exists. This depends on how many days of backups/logs you have specified should be kept in the settings. This might show when the corruption first started.

If you can find a backup copy that isn't corrupted then you could start with that copy and then either manually enter all transactions since then, or use the log files created since then to re-apply a subset of transactions (I think I remember a thread somewhere that said you can be selective in which transactions to re-apply).

Alan A Holmes