[GNC] How to handle multiple entries of multiply reconciled entries

Jeff beastmaster126 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 3 02:43:01 EST 2022

How I did this is beyond me, somehow I confused GNC to let it happen or
had a data corruption when the journal was improperly saved (power
outage, GNC lost a poker game, thought it was Quirken, etc).  I use
uncompressed XML on Ubuntu 20.04LTS.

I have discovered multiple (dozens) of transactions that are duplicates
in several registers but; reconciled to the wrong accounts.  I am not
sure of the easiest and proper way to correct them.

Example of the simplest ones are:  using Check 101, Cash, salary.

01/01/10 chk 101 -> Cash -> chk 101 reconciled

01/01/10 chk 101 -> salary -> salary reconciled

These are posted as 2 entirely separate transactions, in the same
register, but are supposed to be only one transaction:

01/01/10 chk 101 -> salary -> both reconciled

As a result my current balance is now off by off by over $4,000.

And the real kicker, is that these errors now go back 3 years in this
journal.  I know these errors did not exist prior to FlatPak 4.9, not
sure which version I upgraded from to 4.9.  Plus they would have shown
up when I did reports for taxes and income expense statements last year.

Suggestions, besides burning more midnight oil than this old man has
left, other than to delete all of them and enter all of them correctly
as I find them.  I'm in tax time crunch here.

--
--JEffrey Black M.B.A.