[GNC] No luck with OFX Direct AqBanking

Bruce Trumbo bltrumbo at opus1.com
Wed Feb 2 19:52:58 EST 2022

I am trying to set up direct bank transaction downloads into GnuCash 4.9
from several US banks.  All use the OFX connection method a la Quicken.

I have not been successful with any of the three banks I tried - Wells
Fargo, PNC Bank and Chase Bank.  In several cases, the user definition
dialog seemed to complete, but downloading accounts or defining an
account connection fails.  The screen log of the dialog seemed to
indicate that TLS 1.2 is being used.  Is this correct? Isn't this an
old, deprecated protocol that up-to-date bank servers will likely reject?

Thanks - BLT