[GNC] Migrating from Linux OS to windows

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 16:34:48 EST 2022

Richard,

The only file you absolutely need to copy is the main data file.  Copy it to a
suitable location on WIndows and use file open to open it.

The following wiki page https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations ha
s information about where the configuration information is stored in both
Windows and Linux systems. A couple of paragraphs down there are links to
diagrams showing the locations on each system which may be useful.

The user preference information is stored completely differently on Windows (in
the Registry) and Linux (using gsettings) so there may not be a way of simply
copying it from one to the other. If you have Windows and Linux on different
machines, it may be easiest to open GnuCash on both and run the Edit Preferences
dialog on both and manually copy the settings from one to the other.

David Cousens