[GNC] filtering in report

Andreas Hentze andreas.hentze at gmx.de
Sun Feb 6 01:27:43 EST 2022

Hello,

I'm struggling in a report. I hav a lot of expense and earning accounts.
In the "Buchungsbericht" is a tab named "Filter".
Lets have for example this accounts:

...farm.redcar.gas
...farm.redcar.repair
...farm.redcar.insurance
...farm.tractor1.gas
...farm.tractor1.repair
...farm.tractor1.insurance

using as regular expression filtering with "(gas|repair)" is working fine.

But how is it possible to get the complement. i.e. all expense and
earning accounts NOT have gas and repair in the account name?
"NOT (gas|repair)" and "!(gas|repair)" dos not work.

How shall the regEx be formulated?

And: It would be very helpful, if the filtering does not filter only the
name, but the description too! Then it would be easy to manage tags for
the accounts.

And 2: It would be very helpful, to have this filter tab in the profit
and loss report too.

best ragrds
Andy