[GNC] Finance Quote installation Mac

First Name Last Name GypsyEva at outlook.com
Sat Feb 12 17:49:25 EST 2022

Hello,

I followed the instructions in the manual for finance quote installation for mac.

I downloaded x code.
I ran gnc fq update
It ran in terminal for a few minutes.. then said ‘process completed’.

When in gnucash the ‘online quotes ’ option is still greyed out.

When I run ‘gnc fq check’ it says i need to install the perl module finance::quote

When looking over the long string of text from the installation,

It seems that there were in fact some errors.

Eg:

First try:

88 warnings generated

Error 225

Errors/warnings found in prerequisites

2nd attempt:

Do not have write permissions…

Can’t create ‘/Library/Perl/5.3/Web’
….. permission denied at …(directory) .. line489

…

Error 13

….

Errors/warnings found in prerequisites

…..

And a lot of other info that goes way over my head.

Is this normal? Is this what is causing the problem? Is it possible to get this going for a lay person? I simply did the default options during the installation as suggested in the manual.

If anyone can help I’d really appreciate it. Let me know if there is any specific info from the installation terminal text that would help.

Thank you