[GNC] Changing where my data is held

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Feb 13 01:26:38 EST 2022

On Sat, 12 Feb 2022 14:23:01 +0000
David Long <davidvernonlong at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, sounds ridiculous but cannot find how to change where my data is
> held. Normally would expect to see that under preferences, but do not
> see it there.  Any advice? I want to put on a shared drive on
> Dropbox, so another person can use. Thanks David

It's really very simple.
Just change where you save under "save-as" and your file will now be in
that place.
That hasn't removed the old copies, so you either would manually move
it (easy) or edit the list of last opened files (harder).

When you first opened "save-as" you were shown the current file
location. You chose this when you installed Gnucash first up, and
didn't need to remember.

Liz