[GNC] Automatic sales tax << slightly off topic (but mail related) >>

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Mon Feb 21 13:52:53 EST 2022

On 2/21/2022 1:09 PM, Stephen M. Butler wrote:

> Here in Washington state the state does post an address file to
> assigns rate codes by address.  In at least one case two houses with
> the same zip+4 are in different location codes.  Most web hosts POS
> systems can only go down to the zip code level.  Thankfully I don't
> have enough sales outside the state to worry about taxes in the other
> states!
>
> --Steve  (www.hamflags.com)

Do you know how they get the mail to the folks who live on Pt Roberts?

For those who don't know this, there are two little bits of the US
(lower 48) that though not islands have no land connection to the US and
this is one of them. Have to go through Canada. I guess since Puget
Sound doesn't freeze they could use boats. Northwest Angle (MN) is the
other and during the time Lake of the Woods is neither open nor frozen
solid, boats would be out.

The only time I ever discussed this with PO "experts" they said they
couldn't imagine sent in sealed bags through Canada << I didn't tell
then that once upon a time Canada  had that sort of arrangement with us
for mail to the Yukon -- Before the highway, the only way in was the
railroad from Skagway Alaska to Whitehorse and mail came up from
Vancouver by ship and then the railroad over the pass back into Canada.
So why not reciprocal arrangements >>

Michael D Novack

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.