[GNC] Directly posting payments

jim at paradisepro.com jim at paradisepro.com
Mon Feb 21 17:10:03 EST 2022

I am a newbie on GnuCash, currently running it side-by-side with my previous software which I can't install on Win10 without a very expensive upgrade [currently logging into my old Win7 machine using Remote Desktop but old machine is becoming unreliable].

In my old software, I could directly post incidental payments without first creating an invoice. In GnuCash, it appears I need to create an invoice prior to posting a payment. For a simple transaction like a store or restaurant purchase, this seems somewhat cumbersome.

I can create the transaction directly in the General Journal; however, then I don't have a vendor summary.

What am I overlooking?

Regards,

Jim

James E. Gochnauer