[GNC] reconcile problem?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Feb 23 14:06:56 EST 2022

There's no way to know without more detail why you're routinely off. And
I'd probably never enter an adjusting transaction unless I'm absolutely
certain of what it was.

Considering you found an already reconciled transaction this month,
could you perhaps be simply checking everything off each time? (or at
least checking off everything within a date range?)

Or maybe you just erroneously checked off that transaction, and you
should not have, which is why you thought you needed to enter an adjustment.

I'd bet dimes to dollars that a more careful and thorough review of your
reconciliations will allow you to delete most if not all of those
adjusting transactions.

I second the comments of Derek and others. 99.99999999% of the time, it
is me, not GnuCash, making the mistake. Accounting is about being
meticulous and methodical.

Regards,
Adrien