[GNC] regex search

Jeff beastmaster126 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 23 21:38:38 EST 2022

I'll admit right off the bat that I have trouble with regex expressions.

I find myself needing to be able to do 2 different searches.

1) find in the Num column if it is empty.  Meaning that I or the
financial institution forgot to say put a check number or transaction id
(or type) in the field.

2) find in the Num column if it contains data.  Most of my institutions
record a check number, ach etc, but put leading 0' (zeros), or other id
information, in the field.  I need to search for those and remove the
extraneous characters and/or put in the proper type of transaction id.

I am at my wits end on figuring out how to do these searches. Would
someone please show me the proper search filter to do each of these?

--
--JEffrey Black M.B.A.