[GNC] Building 4.9 on ubuntu - install location

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 19:51:35 EST 2022

Mike

It is quite likely that the wiki is wrong. I wrote that several years ago from a
pre-existing version and as I never use the installation to /opt but use
/usr/local I possible did not get the final install directory and/or the prefix
for the cmake command correct.  It may also be possible that the cmake and make
instructions require a different prefix for installation to /opt (I don't think
so though).  Please feel free to correct the wiki. The page  edit has
instructions for getting the required permissions to edit the wiki.  If I get a
bit of time, I will test the combinations out with both  make, ninja and cmake.

David Cousens