[GNC] Frustrated at invoice options

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Mon Jan 3 17:25:24 EST 2022

I build packages every quarter as most FreeBSD people should. Every quarter
I have to apply the following diffs:

 > diff invoice.scm realpath.scm.orig
 225c225
 <     "k" (N_ "Display the entry's discount?") #f))
 ---
 >     "k" (N_ "Display the entry's discount?") #t))
 230c230
 <     "l" (N_ "Display the entry's taxable status?") #f))
 ---
 >     "l" (N_ "Display the entry's taxable status?") #t))
 331c331
 <     (G_ "Thank you for the opportunity to assist you!")))
 ---
 >     (G_ "Thank you for your patronage!")))

This is because, unlike most options boxes I have seen, the gnucash
invoice report options do not remember their settings at all.

I realize there's some fancy scheme going on here, but is there ever going to
exist the ability to persist invoice options across invoices and even releases
of GnuCash?

Thank you for understanding my frustration.
Dave Hayes - Consultant - LA CA, USA - dave at dream-tech.com

It is extremely important to absorb what one is taught,
not to just taste it or swallow it.

People generally are in such a hurry that they do not allow
themselves to digest materials which, however, can be useful
only if absorbed.