[GNC] GNUCash 4.9

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jan 3 21:30:30 EST 2022

Your original file never changes names, unless you do a File > Save As,
or change it via your OS file manager.

If you ever see a file with a date stamp, it is a backup. Do not try to
open it in order to work in your main file. If you do, you are instead
working in a backup copy and the main file never gets changed.

This new backup then becomes your current 'working copy'.

If those truncated file names contain several (not just two) time
stamps, this means you've done this repeatedly and have now seriously
branched your file.

If you know for certain you never worked in any previous original or
backup file after opening a later one, just do a File > Save As on the
currently open file with a simpler name. Then only open that file to
start GnuCash in the future. Or better yet, if you are only using a
single file, just open GnuCash itself. It always defaults to the last
open file.

If you want a desktop shortcut, make it to the GnuCash app itself, not
your file. Store that in your Documents as already suggested. (backups,
logs, and lck files will be stored with it)

Regards,
Adrien