[GNC] A repository for user-contributed files

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 04:48:52 EST 2022

On Mon, 3 Jan 2022 at 22:08, Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> But I
> guess if they are replying to the digest and they copy-paste the
> subject, as they should, then it will appear un-threaded.

I think there’s a good argument for either
a) Stopping the digest mode OR
b) Insisting that if people want to reply to something that they see in the
digest, they reply to the archive - assuming that maintains the thread.

In this day and age, people the bandwidth used by emails is a small
fraction of the overall bandwidth people have. People can set up filters so
that GnuCash emails go there. Then they scan the titles and see if things
interest them.

You may recall me asking why people started new threads a couple of weeks
back. Not only did my thread on bitcoin got broken at least once, a new
thread made an error in copying the title .

Dave.
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom