[GNC] Idiots guide to building GNC 4.9 on Ubuntu 20.04LTS

david whiting dw at davidwhiting.me.uk
Sat Jan 8 02:42:22 EST 2022

On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 at 07:33, Jeff <beastmaster126 at hotmail.com> wrote:
[...]

> Not sure if any of this is related or not to unsuccessful builds.  Side note: your shell runs and completes but; now I'll be flipped if I can find where it puts the executable now. Directory /opt is empty.

If it built and you used the defaults in the script, then it will be
in ~/Documents/gnucash/build/bin. Change to that directory and try
running it from there:

cd ~/Documents/gnucash/build/bin
./gnucash

If that works, but it isn't in /opt/ then change to the build
directory and run make install:

cd ~/Documents/gnucash/build/
sudo make install

David